There are two methods by which you should convert any video in audio on Ubuntu 14.04.
- Through command line
- By using GUI
Through command line:
First you should install
avconv. Just type two command in a terminal for installation.
$ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install libav-tools
Writing the given below command for converting video into audio.
$ avconv -i amrit.mp4 -f mp3 amrit.mp3
Some points about the above command:
- Don’t forget to replace the input file name with your video file name.
- -i amrit.mp4 is the file that we want to convert (-i = -input).
- -f mp3 is the format we want our output file to use it, you can switch to “wav” or “webm” if you want.
- amrit.mp3 is the name of the output file.
By using GUI:
- First step you should install
winff. For installing
winffopen a terminal and type the following commands:
$ sudo apt-get install winff libavcodec-extra
- Second step is to open
winff. Write a single command to open
By writing a above command Winff window is open like this
- Then in Winff window, do these
- Add file
- Select what catagory to convert (select Audio)
- Select Audio file format (mp3)
- Type the output folder for converted file
For example :
- Then click the Convert button.