Ctrl+Alt+F3 and login into the shell.
ls -lah. If in the output the line
-rw------- 1 root root 53 Nov 29 10:19 .Xauthority
then you need to do
chown username:username .Xauthority and try logging in.
ls -ld /tmp. Check for the first 10 letters in the left: they should read exactly so:
drwxrwxrwt 15 root root 4096 Nov 30 04:17 /tmp
Else, you need to do
sudo chmod a+wt /tmp and check again.
If not both, I’d recommend you either
or uninstall, reinstall it.
Alt+-> until you reach the login screen again, and restart.
When I opened
visudo file in Linux it opened in default editor i.e joe. So by running only one command I will change the default editor in Linux.
sudo update-alternatives --config editor
The output of the above command will show all the editors presents in your system and you will select only one editor as default.
There are two methods by which you should convert any video in audio on Ubuntu 14.04.
- Through command line
- By using GUI
Through command line:
First you should install
avconv. Just type two command in a terminal for installation.
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install libav-tools
Writing the given below command for converting video into audio.
$ avconv -i amrit.mp4 -f mp3 amrit.mp3
Some points about the above command:
- Don’t forget to replace the input file name with your video file name.
- -i amrit.mp4 is the file that we want to convert (-i = -input).
- -f mp3 is the format we want our output file to use it, you can switch to “wav” or “webm” if you want.
- amrit.mp3 is the name of the output file.
By using GUI:
- First step you should install
winff. For installing
winff open a terminal and type the following commands:
$ sudo apt-get install winff libavcodec-extra
- Second step is to open
winff. Write a single command to open
By writing a above command Winff window is open like this
- Then in Winff window, do these
- Add file
- Select what catagory to convert (select Audio)
- Select Audio file format (mp3)
- Type the output folder for converted file
For example :
- Then click the Convert button.
By following just one command in a terminal you should installed latest version of LaTeX
sudo apt-get install texlive-full
Installing SageMath on ubuntu 14.04 by following just three step in a terminal:
sudo apt-add-repository -y ppa:aims/sagemath
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install sagemath-upstream-binary